Pastoral Care

The school places great emphasis on pastoral care, believing that children flourish in a safe and secure environment. Each student is placed in a tutor group on entry to the school and will ideally stay with those students for five years. S/he will have a Tutor/Mentor who registers the group and offers guidance, help and support as well as regular mentoring. Attached to each key stage is a non-teaching Guidance Manager who is available all day to offer support to students or act as a point of contact for parents on day to day queries or information. A Learning Co-ordinator has overall responsibility for the academic, personal and social development of students within a Year Group and an Assistant Headteacher oversees each key stage. Both act as a first point of contact for parents/carers if they have concerns which they would like to talk through.

Parent/Carer Partnership

We see the partnership of student, parent and staff as an essential element in the educational process. Parents/carers are informed of all activities and successes through regular newsletters and our publication, ‘Park Views’, delivered to all homes locally.

Our reporting systems provide full information on progress, with a letter detailing attainment and effort being sent home twice per year as well as an end of year report. All parents/carers have access to school systems, allowing them to view real time information on attendance, progress, behaviour and attainment. Parents/carers are invited to attend a parents’ evening once a year but are encouraged to contact us at any time if they have queries or concerns. An opportunity for written communication also exists through the student organiser, which acts as a valuable home-school contact book throughout the year, and we welcome telephone contact or personal appointments.

In the very rare event that a complaint arises, the school should be contacted in the first instance. If the problem cannot be resolved, details of a formal complaints procedure can be obtained from the policies section of this website or from County Hall.