Park View is an international school at the heart of the local community where all are expected to behave with honesty and treat others with sincerity.
We aspire to:
- Achieve sustained excellence in every aspect of our work.
- Provide all students with a secure and stimulating environment where they will enjoy being challenged to think and engage in their own learning.
- Develop young people into healthy, confident individuals who have the aspirations, skills, understanding and mind set to be active participants in the global community.
- Work in partnership with all our local, national and international stakeholders to build a commitment to community cohesion and meaningful achievement.
- Celebrate the contributions and achievements of all who contribute to our success.
At Park View we passionately believe all young people can achieve if challenged to do so, that each has in them special qualities, talents and strengths which it is the duty of true educators to develop. It is this moral imperative that drives us, providing an unflinching focus on continued improvement necessary for us to realise our ambition: to be an outstanding school which provides the very best educational experience for all in our care.
At Park View School we pride ourselves on the excellent behaviour of our students. We believe they are all fine young individuals and a credit to their generation. Our Behaviour for Learning Policy aims to combine regular rewards, clear boundaries and appropriate sanctions to both make the school a fair and safe place where students are happy and can achieve. The policy is written in accordance with the school’s values and vision and underpinned by our commitment to respect, fairness and social inclusion.
How the School Community Promotes Effective Behaviour for Learning
Park View School believes that the best way to challenge disengagement is to provide an effective learning environment in lessons and positive ethos around the school. All members of the community have a role to play in this.
The whole school will provide
- A curriculum suited to the needs of our students.
- A whole school approach to learning.
- An Achievement Policy that celebrates all forms of achievement.
- Clear expectations for all members of the school community, as set out in the Park View Code.
- A commitment to challenge bullying as set out in our Anti-Bullying Policy.
- Opportunities for students, staff and parents / carers to have their say.
- Care, guidance and welfare provided by a pastoral team led by Learning Co-ordinators, Guidance Managers and our Family and Attendance Liaison Officers.
- Repeated confirmation of our values through assemblies.
- A managed process of transition between primary and secondary school and between our three sites.
All our teachers will
- Plan and teach engaging and motivating lessons in line with Park View’s Teaching and Learning Policy.
- Build positive learning relationships with all students.
- Follow school procedures in relation to behaviour and attendance in order to create a safe and successful learning environment.
- Regularly reflect on their classroom practice in relation to student engagement, identifying necessary professional learning needs.
All our students will follow the Park View Code as indicated below:
- Take pride in yourself and Park View School.
- Give your best in all that you do.
- Demonstrate respect for yourself, other members of the school community and the school environment.
- Be polite and follow staff instructions.
- Come prepared and equipped to learn.
- Behave with honesty and treat others with sincerity.
We expect all our parents / carers to
- Send their child to school every day, punctually, suitably clothed, fed, rested and ready to learn.
- Work in partnership with the school to support their child’s positive behaviour.
- Respect our Behaviour for Learning Policy and treat school staff as they would wish to be treated.
- Ensure the school knows of any issue or personal factor that may result in their child failing to meet the school’s expectations.